- IPA: /dɛd/
-  All of my grandparents are dead.
-  When a man's verses cannot be understood, nor a man's good wit seconded with the forward child, understanding, it strikes a man more dead than a great reckoning in a little room.
-  He is dead to me.
-  She stood with dead face and limp arms, unresponsive to my plea.
-  the dead load on the floor; a dead lift.
-  He hit the target dead in the centre.
-  She’s dead sexy.
-  He’s dead stupid.
|Geniş zaman 3. tekil şahıs||deads|
|Şimdiki zaman sıfat-fiil||deading|
|Basit geçmiş zaman||deaded|
|Geçmiş zaman sıfat-fiil||deaded|
-  Heaven's stern decree, / With many an ill, hath numbed and deaded me.
-  This dude at the club was trying to kill us so I deaded him, and then I had to collect from Spice.
-  “What, you was just gonna dead him because if that's the case then why the fuck we getting the money?” Sha asked annoyed.
-  (Tekilken) Soğuğun, karanlığın ve durgunluğun en yoğun olduğu zaman.
-  (Çoğulken) Ölmüş olan kişiler.
-  The dead of night. The dead of winter.
-  Have respect for the dead.