Jump to navigation Jump to search
-  I was deaf, and now I can hear.
-  I heard a sound from outside the window.
-  Mr. Cooke at once began a tirade against the residents of Asquith for permitting a sandy and generally disgraceful condition of the roads. So roundly did he vituperate the inn management in particular, and with such a loud flow of words, that I trembled lest he should be heard on the veranda.
-  It had been his intention to go to Wimbledon, but as he himself said: “Why be blooming well frizzled when you can hear all the results over the wireless. And results are all that concern me. […]”
-  Eventually the king chose to hear her entreaties.