- (BK) IPA: /ˈwɔːtə(ɹ)/, [ˈwɔːtʰə(ɹ)]
- (ABD) IPA: /ˈwɔtɚ/, /ˈwɑtɚ/, [ˈwɔɾɚ], [ˈwɑɾɚ]
- (Philadelphia) IPA: /ˈwʊtɚ/, [ˈwʊɾɚ]
- (Avustralya) IPA: /ˈwoːtə(ɹ)/, [ˈwoːɾə(ɹ)]
- (Yeni Zelanda) IPA: /ˈwoːtɘ(ɹ)/
-  By the action of electricity, the water was resolved into its two parts, oxygen and hydrogen.
-  May I have a glass of water?
-  The boat was found in within the territorial waters.
- (Ana Hint-Avrupa dili): *wódr̥ → (Proto-Cermence): *watōr → (Eski İngilizce): wæter → (Orta İngilizce): water
-  Aunt Em had just come out of the house to water the cabbages when she looked up and saw Dorothy running toward her.
-  I need to go water the cattle.
-  Can you water the whisky, please?