-  The use of algorithms in policing is one example of their increasing influence on our lives. And, as their ubiquity spreads, so too does the debate around whether we should allow ourselves to become so reliant on them – and who, if anyone, is policing their use.
-  Plant breeding is always a numbers game. […] The wild species we use are rich in genetic variation, […]. In addition, we are looking for rare alleles, so the more plants we try, the better. These rarities may be new mutations, or they can be existing ones that are neutral—or are even selected against—in a wild population. A good example is mutations that disrupt seed dispersal, leaving the seeds on the heads long after they are ripe.
-  For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
-  I gave, thou sayest, the example; I led the way.
-  Learn from me, if not by my precepts, then at least by my example, how dangerous is the acquirement of knowledge, […]
- (Orta İngilizce bisne, forbus, forbusen'ın yerini almıştır.) (Latince): exemplum → (Eski Fransızca): essample → (Orta İngilizce): example